random acts of kindness free packet

I’ve been so inspired lately by my friend Cara Carroll’s amazing ideas for random acts of kindness that I knew I had to get in on the fun! She’s shared so many fabulous ideas on how to pay it forward. I love them ALL! She has an awesome board dedicated to Serving Others on Pinterest. Go check it out! Because I don’t have kids of my own, I wanted to do some of these amazing ideas with my adopted children (aka: my children at school!). So, I brainstormed and brainstormed and came up with…The Kind Kids Club! Slide1

The Kind Kids Club is all about doing good deeds for others! Tomorrow, I’ll display this ginormous present throughout the day to get my students excited about what’s inside! I know they will be SQUEALING with excitement!

image After lunch, they will come back and find this cute little “Wanted” sign and special letter on the chalkboard. (My kids are OBSESSED with clubs! Can’t you tell? You may recognize this sign from my Back to School packet and my We’re Problem Detectives packet.) Slide4 Slide3 After we read the letter, we’ll open up the present and pull out an assignment. The assignments are sweet and simple, but VERY meaningful! In the box, there are different random acts of kindness! We’ll be working on completing each one throughout December. image Slide11 image image image image image

(for the one above: I purchased a bunch of Hershey Kisses and Hugs…what teacher doesn’t love a little chocolate?) We’ll also be filling out this very IMPORTANT application… Slide5

and completing these activities on ways we can give to others.

Slide6

Slide7 Slide8 image We’ll also be reading this adorable book during our special month of paying it forward!

After we’ve completed all of our random acts of kindness, I’ll be handing out this certificate of membership. My kids LOVE receiving special certificates! image Because The Kind Kids Club is all about paying it forward, I’m giving you all this packet for free! I left one of the Random Acts of Kindness templates blank, incase you wanted to add your own! Go download it NOW! Click on the preview to go to my shop:

Slide1

Also, make sure you check out my companion packet, “The Gift of Giving.” This packet can be found at my TPT shop! This packet encourages students to be kind to others and give gifts from the heart! My favorite part of the packet is this polar bear craft where students write about a “bear-y” special gift they’d like to give to someone else inside the present. The present folds up to reveal the special gift. bear image Slide1

In this packet, you will find:
-“Kind or Not?” Sorting Activity
-Kind Kids Detective Work Activity (students must read a situation card and decide if the situation demonstrates a kind act or not)
-Gift of Giving Writing Activities
-“A ‘Bear-y’ Special Gift For You” Polar Bear Craft and Writing Activity
This packet aligns nicely with your Social Studies curriculum on building a kind community!

Spread the word

{ 47 comments… add one }
  • Karyn December 3, 2012, 2:13 am

Wow Lyndsey! This pack is SO AWESOME! What a fabulous idea! Thank YOU so much for sharing the idea and the incredible pack!

œKaryn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog
    Kideducator@comcast.net

• Anonymous December 3, 2012, 2:18 am

This is an amazing pack! It's just what I was looking for. I had one idea for my kids to share kindness with our community and now we can make it a whole unit. Thanks for sharing!!

• Courtney December 3, 2012, 2:38 am

This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

Swimming into Second

• KWintuska December 3, 2012, 2:38 am

WOW! How awesome 🙂 This is so generous. Thank you.

Kate

• Primary Paradise December 3, 2012, 2:40 am

What an adorable idea. Thank you so much for sharing.
    Tammy
    Primaryparadise

• Anonymous December 3, 2012, 2:41 am

Wow this is such a cute idea and learning to be kind and give back is so important! Thank you for sharing, Tina

• Heather December 3, 2012, 2:43 am

Thank you for sharing! Our school trait for December is caring and this will go right along with it.

• Mikaela December 3, 2012, 2:59 am

This is super! Thank you!!

• Anonymous December 3, 2012, 3:06 am

Great ideas! I am planning to have my magic elf deliver acts of kindness activities. This is perfect!
    Thank you!

• Ash December 3, 2012, 3:08 am

This is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! I will be sure to pay it forward with a random act of kindness myself!

Pixy Stix and Teacher Tricks

• Lovely Nina December 3, 2012, 3:32 am

I love this idea! Thanks for sharing this freebie.

• Bren P. December 3, 2012, 3:33 am

A.W.E.S.O.M.E. Thanks for sharing, Lyndsey! You R.O.C.K! Love, love this idea! 🙂

I can't wait to use this in my class! Next year by faith!

Bren P.
    The Teacher Diaries

• Jennifer December 3, 2012, 3:58 am

Thank you so much for sharing this awesome freebie. I can't wait to print this out and use it with my kiddos.

Jennifer
    Grade 2 Happenings

• Sarah Paul December 3, 2012, 4:07 am

I LOVE this! What a great idea! Thanks for making this.
    Sarah
    Sarah's First Grade Snippets

• Jay Pea December 3, 2012, 4:09 am

I LOVE this!!! Thank you!!!!

• Miss Kindergarten December 3, 2012, 4:26 am

Love love love times a million!

• Kristin December 3, 2012, 4:38 am

This is the CUTEST thing ever!!!! I HAVE to do this!!!! Thanks for the inspiration and all the freebies!!!

• Molly December 3, 2012, 6:43 am

What a wonderful post and pack!! I saw Cara's post and had been thinking it would be fun to do ones specifically for the classroom and you just saved me lots of time!! 🙂 Thanks again for the wonderful pack for free!! I can't wait to use it with my class!

Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

• Anonymous December 3, 2012, 11:13 am

WOW!! What a great surprise! This is awesome! I also saw Cara's RACK's and thought they were sooo cute but also dont have any kids of my own yet.YAY! I am so thankful! Awesome job coming up with this so quickly!

• Barbara December 3, 2012, 1:05 pm

This is absolutely BeAuTiFuL!! What an amazing gift. Thank you, Lindsey, for sharing your hard work with us. I have pinned it and reposted on FB!

You have just made my holidays merry and bright.

Barbara
    The Corner On Character

• Susan Moran December 3, 2012, 1:41 pm

Lyndsey, you are a GENIUS! I am printing this out now and getting this started today!

Susan
    T.G.I.F. (Thank God it's First Grade!)

• Jessica December 3, 2012, 1:53 pm

Umm . . . that is totally awesome! And the fact that it's free. Love it! This is perfect for the next couple weeks and my students will love it. It's just what we needed.

What i have learned

• Tammy Klinger December 3, 2012, 11:21 pm

Love this Thank you so much!
    Tammy
    First Grade @ Storybook Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

• Wendy Arentz December 3, 2012, 11:58 pm

Thanks for *your* act of kindness…this is an awesome freebie that I can't wait to use. Thanks for sharing your talents! I'll be posting a link to your site on Facebook.

🙂 Wendy
    Read with Me ABC

• Mrs. Griffith December 4, 2012, 1:31 am

WOW! What a great way to teach kids the joy of making others happy. I absolutely love this. Thanks SO much for sharing!

Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

• Teacher and Life Long Learner December 4, 2012, 1:59 am

Where can I nominate you for THE TEACHER BLOGGER OF THE YEAR?

• Tiffany December 4, 2012, 2:52 am

You are amazing. Thank you so much for all that you are for free with all of us. You definitely have made my second year of teaching {this year} a lot easier with the freebies you're willing to share.

I can't wait to use this in my classroom this week. Thank you!

Tiffany @ The Learning Effect

• Karen December 4, 2012, 2:53 am

So stinkin' fabulous!! I have been wanting to do this with my class and you just made it sooo much easier to do. Thank you for paying it forward and sharing this awesome packet with all of your readers. Merry Christmas!

Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

• Lynna December 4, 2012, 4:00 am

Wow…free? That's a random act of kindness in itself. I am printing this out right now. I have the sweetest class of kinder kids this year and they will absolutely LOVE this idea. Thank you and HAPPY HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you.

• Brigid Ann December 4, 2012, 6:12 am

This has to be the cutest idea ever! It's on my wish list! 😉
    It is so creative! Thanks for sharing…
    If you have time, stop by my blog and enter the giveaway!
    Thanks,
    Brigid

Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

• Anonymous December 7, 2012, 12:52 am

Thank you so much for sharing this!! I am so loving it!!! I start my student teaching soon and hope to incorporate this!!

• Annie Moffatt December 7, 2012, 4:25 pm
  • Beth Shavelson December 9, 2012, 9:55 pm

I follow your blog and TPT store. beth.shavelson@browardschools.com

• Lesson Plan SOS Teachers December 12, 2012, 1:13 am

Thanks for creating such an awesome resource! We wrote about it on our blog today! Thank you for sharing with us!!
    🙂 Melissa
    (Lesson Plan SOS)

• Miss Nelson December 20, 2012, 12:21 am

Your packet is simply AMAZING. We are having so much fun completing our kind kid club missions. I blogged about it today.
    Thanks again!

• Kristy December 22, 2012, 1:46 am

The Kind Kids club is such a great idea! We'll be working on it as soon as we get back from break. Thank you for sharing!
    Teachin' First

• Ashley December 24, 2012, 3:29 am

I totally missed the boat, starting this at the beginning of December. However, I think it could really work anytime of year! I am super excited to implement this after break! Thank you for being so kind and giving us this for free! It's awesome!

Ashley
    ashley58926@hotmail.com

• Professora Elisabete December 27, 2012, 2:19 am

Thank you so much for sharing! Loved the idea!

• Anonymous March 7, 2013, 11:24 pm

Incredible! I'm truly enjoying the design and style of your weblog. Are you using a custom template or is this readily available to all individuals? If you do not want to say the name of it out in the general public, please make sure to e-mail me at: angelakey@freenet.de. I'd really enjoy to
    get my hands on this template! Thanks a lot.

My weblog … web

• Tammy Klinger December 8, 2013, 10:21 pm

Just what I have been looking for thank you so much.

• Georganna Louise July 7, 2014, 4:37 am

Hi Lindsey, I love "The Kind Kids Club" you created! Kudos, Hugs, and Many Thanks to You and to all your Kind Kids for making our world a better place. –Georganna Louise

• Green Gables October 7, 2014, 1:17 pm

At Green Gables, we believe education is a natural ‘give and take’ where we learn as much from children as they from us; that our children transform us as we transform them.
    Best Pre Primary Schools in Hyderabad
    Best Kids Schools in Madhapur
    Secondary Schools in Hyderabad

• Tanya Braybrook January 9, 2015, 3:58 pm

Wow! Thank you for sharing this resource and how you use it. As we work towards implementing our "human curriculum", this will be a wonderful resource!

• Find Handmade May 28, 2015, 12:40 am

Loving your pictures and the simple and beautiful way you have put your story across – you're an inspiration and I am following your journey – awesome work!

• Ferry M F July 31, 2015, 2:47 am

setiap keluarga pasti ingin menjadi keluarga yang sakinah, mawadah, wa rohmah,
    setiap pria pasti menginginkan setiap berhubungan bisa memuaskan istrinya, akan tetapi
    banyak pria yang mengalami masalah ejakulasi dini. masalah ini bisa diatasi dengan obat herbal mengatasi ejakulasi dini
    adapun masalah disfungsi ereksi bisa diatasi dengan menggunakan obat herbal mengatasi disfungsi ereksi
    jika pria mengalami masalah impotensi, maka bisa menggunakan obat herbal mengatasi impotensi
    yang bisa didapatkan di distributor resmi atau klik disini untuk informasi lengkapnya.
    Masalah ranjang terkadang menjadi masalah yang serius bagi sebagian pria, kami punya solusi BOYKE untuk masalah tersebut yaitu
    obat kuat dan tahan lama lelaki untuk bisa memuaskan istrinya, untuk info lengkapnya
    baca blog

para wanita juga mempunyai masalah yang sama dengan organ intimnya, banyak wanita membaca
    tentang obat herbal mengatasi keputihan dan kista serta menstruasi pada wanita
    akan tetapi jika baca disini
    maka para wanita akan mendapatkan solusi untuk masalah kewanitaan seperti obat herbal keputihan
    maupun yang biasanya dialami oleh para wanita yaitu obat herbal kista
    untuk masalah menstruasi, maka solusi terbaik adalah obat herbal pelancar menstruasi
    jika ingin mendapatkan info tentang kesehatan wanita bisa kunjungi blog

• Josefin Björnberg March 11, 2016, 12:32 pm

It’s a very nice idea. I will also try to do some act of kindness for myself.

• Susan April 6, 2016, 12:08 pm

Thank you for creating this awesome packet. After reading a story in Time for Kids about a boy who wanted to help the homeless in his community and created a food truck in his community, my self-contained EC students wanted to do something also. We used your packet to begin our own Kind Kids Club. Students developed a plan and created a Winter Warm Up project to collect warm clothing items for homeless Veterans and children. They had donations of food, clothing, blankets, etc and delivered a car load of items to a group of Veterans who volunteer and serve other Veterans who are homeless or struggling. This will be a yearly project for them now. Thank you again for this wonderful packet. We used it to help them develop their ideas for the group and what they could do to be kinder to others.